ALCHIMIA is a decorative finish for indoor use which creates metallic effect surfaces of particular beauty.
The metallic effect combined with the slightly rough texture of ALCHIMIA allows to achieve aesthetic effects varying depending on the method of application and the incidence of light.
ALCHIMIA is easy and fast to apply, free of formaldehyde and plasticizing agents.
ALCHIMIA achieves different decorative effects depending on the application technique.
May be applied on:
• New and old plasters based on hydraulic binders
• Concrete surfaces.
• Gypsum and gypsum board surfaces.
• Old paints and wall coatings or organic or mineral in nature, dry, compact, absorbent and cohesive.
• Mineral conglomerates of various kinds, as long as they are absorbent.
• Composite wood surfaces.
• Surfaces should be adequately prepared by following the instructions given in the paragraph ‘SURFACE PREPARATION’.
• Do not apply on freshly painted surfaces.
• Type of binder: acrylic copolymer in water emulsion
• Solvent: water
• Density UNI EN ISO 2811-1: 1,20 ±0,05 kg/l
• Viscosity of packaging: 40000± 4000 cps
• Drying (at 25 °C and 65% RH): to touch one hour. May be coatability after 6 hours.
• Dry film thickness: >50 µm <100 µm Classification per UNI EN 13300:
• Wet-scrub resistance per ISO 11998: class 1
• Make sure that the surface is thoroughly dried and aged. Resurface or consolidate using specific products if necessary.
• In case of presence of mold or algae, treat the surface with a specific cleanser.
• Brush or wash to remove any efflorescence and any old peeling paint. Completely eliminate any raised layers of lime-based
• Remove any dust, smog or other deposits by brushing.
• Level any irregularities in the surface and treat holes, cracks, crevices and gaps with specific putty. Use adequate sealants to seal any cracks.
• Prime with a coat of ATOMO insulating wall fixative with fine particles.
• Apply at least two coats of DECORFOND diluted 30-35% with water, using a roller or brush to obtain a homogeneous ideal support for the application. It is not recommended the use of other funds.
• Apply ALCHIMIA as indicated by the instructions for use.
(The dilution of the fixative and amounts to be applied depend on the absorption of the surface and should be determined through preliminary tests on the specific support - Refer to the data sheet).
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
Air and surface conditions:
• Air temperature : Min. +8°C / Max. +35°C.
• Relative humidity of the air: <75%.
• Temperature of the surface: Min. +5 °C / Max. +35°C.
• Moisture level of the support surface: <10%.
• Tools: brush, sponge and spalter brush.
• Dilution: ready to used, can be diluted with water up to 5%
• N.coats: 1-2 according to the aesthetic effect sought.
• Apply ALCHIMIA with brush unevenly.
• When the product is partially dry use a soft sponge or just wet by "Spalter" type brush not properly regular areas of product’s accumulation. At a total drying will be highlighted the characteristic ALCHIMIA effect.
• Tools should be cleaned immediately after use with water.
• Indicative spreading rate: 4-6 ㎡/l per coat and refers to smooth and average absorption. It's advisable to determine the actual yield a preliminary test on the specific surface.
Bianco,Oro and ALCHIMIA color collection are obtainable via the ABC cromie color matching system.
The product may also be tinted using RW serie products.
When using multiple batches it is recommended to remix the various products together to avoid slight differences in shading.
Temperature for storage stability: from +5 °C to +35 °C
The product should be preferably used within 2 years from date of manufacture when stored in original unopened containers and in appropriate temperature conditions
Limit value EU (Dir. 2004/42/EC)
Cat . A/l: Decorative effect coatings (water-base): 200 g/l (2010)
ALCHIMIA contains max: 50 g/l VOC
The product does not require labeling in accordance with the regulations in force. Use the product according to current standards of hygiene and safety after use, do not litter containers, allow the residue to dry and treat them as special waste. Keep out of the reach of children. If swallowed, seek medical advice immediately and show this container or label. Do not empty into drains, water courses or onto the ground.
For more information see the safety data sheet.
Colorificio San Marco guarantees that the information herein is provided to the best of its technical and scientific knowledge and based on its experience; nonetheless, the company may not be held liable for the results obtained using these products, as application conditions are beyond its control. It is recommended to always make sure that the product is suited to each specific instance. The present sheet voids and replaces any previously existing sheets. For further technical information please visit our website www.disegnoitaliandecorative.com