DOLCE VITA is a decorative finish for indoor use with special pearly effects.
Easy to apply, DOLCE VITA allows the realization of surfaces with a silky and soft appearance to the touch with variables decorative effects depending on the method of application.
The product requires only short ventilation times and allows fast rehabilitation, unlike other traditional waterborne paints.
DOLCE VITA contains low amounts of volatile compounds and is formaldehyde and plasticizing agents free.
May be applied on:
• New and old plasters based on hydraulic binders
• Concrete surfaces.
• Gypsum and gypsumboard surfaces.
• Old paints and wall coatings of organic or mineral in nature, dry, compact, absorbent and cohesive.
• Mineral conglomerates of various kinds, as long as they are absorbent.
• Composite wood surfaces.
• Surfaces should be adequately prepared by following the instructions given in the paragraph ‘SURFACE PREPARATION’.
• Do not apply on freshly painted surfaces.
• Type of binder: acrylic copolymer in water emulsion
• Solvent: water
• Density UNI EN ISO 2811-1: 1,24 ±0,05 kg/l
• Viscosity of packaging: 32000± 3200 cps
• Drying (at 25 °C and 65% RH): to touch one hour. May be coatability after 6 hours.
• Dry film thickness: 50/60 µm Classification per UNI EN 13300:
• Wet-scrub resistance per ISO 11998: class 2
• Make sure that the surface is thoroughly dried and aged. Resurface or consolidate using specific products if necessary.
• In case of presence of mold or algae, treat the surface with a specific cleanser.
• Brush or wash to remove any efflorescence and any old peeling paint. Completely eliminate any raised layers of lime-based
• Remove any dust, smog or other deposits by brushing.
• Level any irregularities in the surface and treat holes, cracks, crevices and gaps with specific putty. Use adequate sealants to seal any cracks.
• Prime with a coat of ATOMO insulating wall fixative with fine particles.
• Apply at least two coats of DECORFOND diluted 30-35% with water, using a roller or brush to obtain a homogeneous ideal support for the application. It not recommended the use of other funds.
• Apply DOLCE VITA as indicated by the instructions for use.
(The dilution of the fixative and amounts to be applied depend on the absorption of the surface and should be determined through preliminary tests on the specific substrate - Refer to the data sheet).
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
Air and surface conditions:
• Air temperature : Min. +8°C / Max. +35°C.
• Relative +humidity of the air: <75%.
• Temperature of the surface: Min. +5 °C / Max. +35°C.
• Moisture level of the support surface: <10%.
• Tools: brush, steel/plastic trowel.
• Dilution: ready to used.
• N.coats: 2 coats.
• Apply DOLCE VITA with the plastic or steel trowel, spreading the paint evenly.
• Once the first coat has dried apply a second coat of DOLCE VITA with the plastic or steel trowel, using the tool in a rotating movement in criss-crossed movement to create a two-tone faceted effect.
• Tool cleaning with water should be carried out immediately after use.
• Indicative spreading rate: 4-6 ㎡/l with two coats depending on the desired effect, referred to smooth surfaces with average absorbency. It is advisable to determine the real spreading rate with a preliminary test on the specific substrate.
Bianco, Oro and DOLCEVITA colour collection are obtainable via the ABC cromie color matching system.
The product may also be tinted using RW serie products. When using multiple batches it is recommended to remix the various products together to avoid slight differences in shading.
Temperature for storage stability: from +5 °C to +35 °C
The product should be preferably used within 2 years from date of manufacture when stored in original unopened containers and in appropriate temperature conditions
Limit value EU (Dir. 2004/42/EC)
Cat . A/l: Decorative effect coatings (water-base): 200 g/l (2010)
DOLCE VITA contains max: 50 g/l VOC
The product does not require labeling in accordance with the regulations in force. Use the product according to current standards of hygiene and safety after use, do not litter containers, allow the residue to dry and treat them as special waste. Keep out of the reach of children. If swallowed, seek medical advice immediately and show this container or label. Do not empty into drains, water courses or onto the ground.
For more information see the safety data sheet.
Colorificio San Marco guarantees that the information herein is provided to the best of its technical and scientific knowledge and based on its experience; nonetheless, the company may not be held liable for the results obtained using these products, as application conditions are beyond its control. It is recommended to always make sure that the product is suited to each specific instance. The present sheet voids and replaces any previously existing sheets. For further technical information please visit our website www.disegnoitaliandecorative.com