FANTASIA is a mineral decorative finish based on lime and selected marble with satin effect.
It allows to obtain shaded chromatic aesthetic effects with soft, muted tones, in imitation of the ancient Italian plasters.
It produces a layer resistant to the weathering ensuring high breathability.
The formulation is formaldehyde-free, low-VOC and low organic content.
FANTASIA may be further decorated with PATINA decorated waxes.
May be applied on:
• New and old plasters based on hydraulic binders.
• Old paints and wall coatings of mineral in nature, dry, compact, absorbent and cohesive.
• Mineral conglomerates of various kinds, as long as they are absorbent.
• Surfaces should be adequately prepared by following the instructions given in the paragraph 'SURFACE PREPARATION’.
• Do not apply on freshly painted surfaces.
• To improve the adhesion of the FANTASIA on old synthetic paint is appropriate to apply one coat of mineral anchoring base.
• Type of binder: air-hardening lime
• Organic content: <5%
• Solvent: water
• Maximum granulometry: 0.5 mm
• Viscosity per UNI 8902: paste
• Water permeability per UNI EN 1062-3: medium, w=0,20 kg/m²h^0,5
• Water vapor permeability per UNI EN ISO 7783-2: high, Sd=0,1 thickness of 0,5 mm
• Class of reaction to fire ISO 1716: A1
• Drying times (at 25 ℃ and 65% R.H.): touch dry in 2-3 hours; coatability after 12 hours (depending on the thickness applied).
• Make sure that the surface is thoroughly dried and aged. Resurface or consolidate using specific products if necessary.
• If mold or algae are presents, treat the surface with a specific cleanser.
• Brush or wash to remove any efflorescence and any old peeling paint. Completely eliminate any raised layers of lime-based
• Remove any dust, smog or other deposits by brushing.
• Cracks both indoors and out must be suitably widened and filled with filler or similar products.
• Smooth if necessary with cement or lime based mortar for levelling and reconstructing, according to the type of support.
• Only in the case of particularly flaky surfaces apply ATOMO insulating wall fixative with fine particles.
• If the substrate is not homogeneous, with presence of old paints, fillers, patches, to level the surface applying a mineral priming coat.
• Proceed with the application of FANTASIA according to the procedures describedunder "Application instruction".
ISTRUCTIONS FOR USE
• Since the drying and carbonation of FANTASIA, like all lime products, are highly susceptible to the temperature and humidity levels, it is advisable to apply the product when temperatures are in the range +10 °C to +35 °C and the relative humidity of the air <75%.
• Avoid applying the product in direct sunlight.
• Following the application, exterior surfaces must be protected from rain and damp until the product is completely dry, which normally occurs (at 20℃) after approx. 72 hours.
• The exposure to the atmospheric agents, rain, high humidity, lowland temperature can generate phenomena of whitening finishes during the carbonization process. Such phenomenon can turn out irreversible in particularly extreme conditions.
• If the surface does not require the fixative, it is nonetheless recommended to dampen it to prevent the wall from drawing an excessive amount of water from the binder.
• Tools: stainless steel / plastic trowel, sponge, brush, according to the aesthetic effect sought.
• N. coats: at least 2 coats of product must be applied to prepare the undercoat.
• Dilution: ready to used.
• Being mineral based product, FANTASIA can increase the viscosity during the storage. To get the original appearance is enough to stir it with a mechanical instrument, eventually adding 1% max. of water.
• Tools: stainless steel or plastic trowel.
• Fill and level in order to provide an even surface;
• After 12 hours, apply an additional coat of product to obtain a suitable thickness;
• As soon as the product applied starts to stretch, apply small amounts of material, wet on wet, compressing the surfaces and compacting them in order to fill any points of porosity.
• Once finished, proceed with polishing.
• Tools should be cleaned immediately after use with water.
• Indicative spreading rate: 2-2.5 kg/ ㎡ based on 2 coats on smooth surfaces featuring average absorption. It is advisable to determine the actual spreading rate by perfoming a preliminary test on the specific surface.
Bianco and FANTASIA colour collection are obtainable via the ABCcromie color matching system.
The product may also be tinted using RW serie products.
When using multiple batches it is recommended to remix the various products together to avoid slight differences in shading.
For outdoor tasks it is a good rule of thumb to always use material from the same batch, from corner to corner. For tasks where it is unavoidable to continue on a wall with a different batch, do not place the batches contiguously. For the transition point, use any interruptions in the continuity of the surface: moldings, corners, cables, etc.
Temperature for storage stability: from +5 °C to +35 °C
The product should be preferably used within 2 years from date of manufacture when stored in original unopened containers and in appropriate temperature conditions.
Limit value EU (Dir. 2004/42/EC)
Cat . A/l: Decorative effect coatings (water- base): 200 g/l (2010)
FANTASIA contains max: 3 g/l VOC
Irritating to skin. / risk of serious damage to eyes. / keep out of the reach of children. / avoid contact with eyes. / in case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice. / wear suitable gloves and eye/face protection. / if swallowed, seek medical advice immediately and show this container or label.
The product must be transported, used and stored in accordance with the standards in force regarding hygiene and safety; let the residues dry out completely and treat them as special waste. Consult the safety data sheet for additional information.
Colorificio San Marco guarantees that the information here in is provided to the best of its technical and scientific knowledge and based on its experience; nonetheless, the company may not be held liable for the results obtained using these products, as application conditions are beyond its control. It is recommended to always make sure that the product is suited to each specific instance. The present sheet voids and replaces any previously existing sheets. For further technical information please visit our website www.disegnoitaliandecorative.com