ELISIR is a Venetian trowelled softly polished product suitable for the interior decoration. It allows to obtain the antique decorative finish of the stuccoes present in the ancient Venetian palaces. The aesthetic appearance is characterized by tones and effects which depend on the skill of the decorator. It can be applied on flat surfaces, architectural elements, such as moldings and columns. The product is formaldehyde-free.
The two bases offer a wide color collection.
May be applied on:
• New and old plasters based on hydraulic binders.
• Concrete surfaces.
• Gypsum and gypsum-board surfaces.
• Old paints and wall coatings of organic or mineral in nature, dry, compact, absorbent and cohesive.
• Mineral conglomerates of various kinds, as long as they are absorbent.
• Composite wood surfaces.
• Surfaces should be adequately prepared by following the instructions given in the paragraph 'SURFACE PREPARATION ’.
• Do not apply on freshly painted surfaces.
• Type of binder: modified acrylic copolymer.
• Solvent: water
• Viscosity per UNI 8902: paste
• Specific gravity UNI EN ISO 2811-1: 1,70-1,80 kg/l.
• Drying times (at 25℃ and 65% R.H.): touch dry in 3 hours; sandability and coatability after 5 hours (depending on the thickness applied).
Plaster, gypsum and gypsum-board surfaces:
• Make sure that the surface is thoroughly dried and aged. Resurface or consolidate using specific products if necessary.
• In case of presence of mold or algae, treat the surface with a specific cleanser.
• Brush or wash to remove any efflorescence and any old peeling paint. Completely eliminate any raised layers of lime-based
• Remove any dust, smog or other deposits by brushing.
• Level any irregularities in the surface and treat holes, cracks, crevices and gaps with specific putty. Use adequate sealants to seal any cracks.
• Sand putty and touch-ups with sandpaper; remove dust.
• Smooth if necessary with cement or lime based mortar for levelling and reconstructing, according to the type of support.
• Prime with a coat of ATOMO insulating wall fixative with fine particles.
• Proceed with the application of ELISIR according to the procedures described under "Instructions for use".
(The dilution of the fixative and amounts to be applied depend on the absorption of the surface and should be determined through preliminary tests on the specific support - Refer to the data sheet).
• Rub down lightly in order to remove the raised wood fibers.
• Eliminate any coats of old flaking varnish and coarsen all the surfaces, which have already been varnished.
• Remove any resin using nitro thinner.
• Fill the imperfections with synthetic filler. Rub down the fillings and eliminate any dust.
• Apply a specific primer for wood on the clean and dry surface.
• Proceed with the application of ELISIR according to the procedures described under “Instructions for use”.
• Pay attention to the treatment of the wood with high level of tannin as the chestnut, that could appears dark stain.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
Air and surface conditions:
• Air temperature : Min. +8°C / Max. +35°C.
• Relative humidity of the air: <75%.
• Temperature of the surface: Min. +5 °C / Max. +35°C.
• Moisture level of the support surface: <10%.
• Tools: stainless steel trowel for filling and levelling the undercoat, and putty knives of various different sizes for the topcoat.
• Dilution: ready to used
• N. coats: apply 3 coats of product (2 base coats+ 1 finishing coat).
• Apply one or more coats of the product using the trowel, filling and levelling in order to obtain a smooth and even surface.
• Allow 5 hours between one application and the next, rubbing down each time with abrasive paper.
• Apply the finishing coat using the steel putty knife. This operation can be performed by taking only a small amount of the product at a time and applying it with quick, firm strokes of the putty knife.
• After 5 minutes, the surface can be polished, repeatedly passing the knife back and forth in an oscillatory motion, pressing on the surface.
• In order to enhance the level of gloss of the finish, it is recommended that the surface is rubbed down with extremely fine abrasive paper (e.g. M-1500), like the paper used for car bodies, and subsequently to repeat the polishing procedure using the steel putty knife.
• Clean tools with water immediately after use.
• It is not advisable to apply coats of wax or similar products on the treated surface since they tend to impair the characteristics which give the product its prestige.
• Indicative spreading rate: 1-1,4 kg/㎡ for the finished result on plaster; 0,4-0,6 kg/㎡ for the finished result on smooth surfaces such as gesso and plasterboard.
Bianco, Neutra and ELISIR colour collection are obtainable via the ABC cromie color matching system. The product may also be tinted using RW serie products.
When using multiple batches it is recommended to remix the various products together to avoid slight differences in shading.
Temperature for storage stability: from +5 °C to +35 °C
The product should be preferably used within 2 years from date of manufacture when stored in original unopened containers and in appropriate temperature conditions.
Limit value EU (Dir. 2004/42/EC)
Cat . A/l: Decorative effect coatings (water-base): 200 g/l (2010)
ELISIR Contains max: 150 g/l VOC
The product does not require labeling in accordance with the regulations in force. Use the product according to current standards of hygiene and safety after use, do not litter containers, allow the residue to dry and treat them as special waste. Keep out of the reach of children. If swallowed, seek medical advice immediately and show this container or label. Do not empty into drains, water courses or onto the ground.
For more information see the safety data sheet.
Colorificio San Marco gurantees that the information herein is provided to the best of its technical and scientific knowledge and based on its experience; nonetheless, the company may not be held liable for the results obtained using these products, as application conditions are beyond its control. It is recommended to always make sure that the product is suited to each specific instance. The present sheet voids and replaces any previously existing sheets. For further technical information please visit our website www.disegnoitaliandecorative.com